Be a Better Driver (803) 642-1776
Alive at 25 is a survival course developed by the National Safety Council. It is designed to prevent the #1 killer of teens, automobile crashes. SC Alive at 25 is taught by off-duty Deputy Sheriffs, Municipal Police Officers and SC Highway Patrol Officers. The course is delivered in one 4.5 hour program which focuses on the behaviors, decision-making and risks facing young drivers every time they get behind the wheel.Since South Carolina’s program kicked off in 2007, the state’s death toll among drivers 15-24 has dropped by 41%. This reduction is amazing, but one life lost is still one too many. The council developed the Zero Hero campaign to emphasize South Carolina’s goal of Zero traffic fatalities among young drivers.For information on classes and scheduling, go to the South Carolina National Safety Council’s web site at scaliveat25.org or call 803-732-6757.
Concealed Weapon Permit Applications (803) 642-1773
- Available daily at the ACSO front desk
- Questions? Call the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, Regulatory Services Section: (803) 896-7014
Extra Duty Employment (803) 642-1711 or (803) 642-1768
Need security for your next special event? ACSO makes available off-duty deputies for a variety of assignments at a rate of $45 per hour, per deputy. ACSO requires the following in order to staff any extra duty assignment:
- A minimum of three days notice
- A signed contract
- Payment in advance or by completion of assignment
- ACSO reserves the right to refuse any assignment that might place deputies at unnecessary risk.
Fingerprints (803) 642-1790
- Residents: $12.00, Non-Residents: $20.00
- Tuesday, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. ; Wednesday, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Individuals must supply fingerprint cards and provide photo identification